Tuesday, 25 September 2012



What interests me about this music video is that the composition and movement of the camera compliments the length of each line of lyrics. It represents the thoughts, new ideas and reflects the constant and consistancy of her feelings. I also like the fact that the main focus is on the artists face and body, this exaggurates and personalises the lyrics with the artist creating an emotional atmosphere towards the audience, allowing them to relate to the song.





I love how this video uses unusual visual aspects in terms of the lyrics almost contradicting the visuals. The lyrics talk about a girl being taken away to paradise, yet you see no girl in the video. Although, looking deeper into the meaning behind the use of the animal, this could represent the feeling like she needs to be free with the other animals, and the generic dream like location also reinforces this. The use of the cultural signifiers of London at the beginning also makes the video more personal and realistic, targeting an emotional response from the audience and engaging them, I think using a cultural signifier in our video would help reach the audience a little bit more.

1 comment:

  1. At last you've posted some research onto your blog. Your comments are interesting and loosely referencing Goodwin's theory of music videos. to strengthen I suggest yu post an analysis of one of these music videos relating your comments to all the points in Goodwin's theory.

    ReplyDelete